F.A.Q. | Дніпровський інститут медицини та громадського здоров'я


Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health Student Support Service

The Student Support Service aims to help International students to adapt to the Institute and Ukrainian culture in a proficient and simple way. Every International student can tell us about his/her problem and receive support and guidance on a wide range of academic and personal issues. Listed below is some essential information regarding the legalization of stay, accommodation, insurance, transportation, culture etc. that will help you to plan your stay in Dnipro and manage your day-to-day challenges.

For additional information regarding application process and student’s welfare please contact International Department: dimh@kmu.edu.ua

If you are already a student at Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health (hereinafter “DIMH”) and have questions regarding academic issues please contact International Department: dimh@kmu.edu.ua

We are always ready to assist you and answer all your queries.

To receive news from Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health regarding student life and events you may get in touch with the Institute via Instagram  and Facebook


 Prior to Arrival

 What are the requirements for admission?

For a Master’s degree, you have to have a diploma of secondary education (school leaving certificate or corresponding document from your country legalized in Ukraine). For more information, please refer to “Admission Requirements” section.


How should I prepare to study in Ukraine?

We recommend you to prepare for your departure very carefully and as early as possible. It is often difficult and time-consuming to complete all formalities and prepare the necessary papers.

Before you leave:

Get Ukrainian visa (type D13 or “student visa”). Contact the closest Embassy or Consulate of Ukraine in your country for more information;

Make sure you take all important documents with you! Your high school certificate/diploma needs to be legalized according to Ukrainian legislation (legalization stamp or Apostille). Contact the closest Embassy or Consulate of Ukraine in your country for this issue.


Can I transfer to Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health?

Transfer from other universities to Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health is possible if program that you are studying right now and the study program which you would like to enroll to at Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health do not differ by more than 20 ECTS credits. Faculties of Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health can set additional requirements for transfer. Please contact the International Department for detailed information (dimh@kmu.edu.ua).


Can I bring my husband/wife/ or other family members?

Student is granted individual D13 Visa ONLY. Your spouse and other family members may always apply for a tourist visa and visit you during your studies.


How can I get an invitation for study at DIMH?

There are two admission sessions in 2020. The winter one lasts from 15th January till 1st March, while the summer one, from 1st July and till 15st December. NOTE. Because of COVID-19 Pandemic in 2020 Admission session period may change. Please contact International department (dimh@kmu.edu.ua) to find out the exact period for this year.

The Institute announces admission for such major faculty as General Medicine in Ukrainian and in English medium.


Applying Procedure:

Step 1. To Apply for an Invitation Letter

An applicant should submit the scan copies of the following documents to the DIMH International Department by e-mail (dimh@kmu.edu.ua):

  • First page of the Passport;
  • School Certificate with Academic Records of all subjects;
  • Consent of personal data collection and processing (download sample);
  • Application (download sample);
  • National Eligibility Entrance Test result (for Indian nationals only).

After examination of applicant’s documents the Institute makes the decision regarding the issuance of an Invitation Letter.


How can I get student’s visa to Ukraine?

As an international student, you will need a visa to study in Ukraine.

When an applicant receives an Invitation Letter from the Institute, he/she should apply for visa type “D13”.

After obtaining a visa in the Embassy or Consular of Ukraine in the country of applicant’s residence, it is time to go to Ukraine.


  1. Arrival to Ukraine and to Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health

 Do I have to take the entrance exams?

All candidates who want to be admitted on 1st year have to take the entrance exams – chemistry and English test.


What is the language of training?

All study programs are taught in English or Ukrainian.


  1. DIMH facility (Dormitory, Campus, Hospitals)

 Do you have Students Dormitory?

Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health Students Dormitories has two locations:

Dnipro, 14 Uliusha Slovatskogo St. The dormitory is located near the main building of the Institute.

Dnipro, 12 Bogdana Khmelnitskogo St

Apart of living areas you will be able to use:

  • Laundry;
  • Cafeteria;
  • Gym;
  • Reading room (with free Wi-Fi);
  1. We offer 2, 3, 4-seated rooms to our international students. Also we offer lux-class double rooms.
  2. Safety is maintained by the security company according to the internal rules of the dormitory.
  3. There is a well-developed infrastructure around the dormitory: shopping malls, hospital, pharmacy, gym, park, pond, recreation areas etc.


Where will my classes take place?

The first, second and third-year students will have their theoretical classes at DIMH Departments on the campuses of the institute.

The 4th, 5th and 6th-year students will have their practical classes at DIMH Clinical Departments.

Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health has around 60 associated hospitals and clinics which are the best private and state healthcare institutions.


  1. Legalization of stay in Ukraine

 How will my stay in Ukraine be legalized?

Applicants can enter the territory of Ukraine on the basis of a valid travel document (passport) with a student visa. Before arriving in Ukraine, foreign students must apply for a student visa in the Ukrainian Embassy or Consulate in their home country. A short-term visa entitles the holder to stay in Ukraine for up to 3 months.

In order to prolong the legal stay, foreign students should apply for a Temporary Residence Permit (`Posvidka`) in Ukraine.


Do I need a health insurance?

All foreign students must have medical insurance for the period of their stay in Ukraine.


  1. Educational Process

 What are the terms of academic year?

The DIMH academic year is based on two semesters (duration of each ~40 weeks) – autumn and spring. Both semesters are followed by examination periods. Between semesters there are lecture-free periods – holidays. Our students have a five-days work week and two days-off on Saturday and Sunday.

Academic Calendar 2020/2021 (exact dates depend on particular faculty):

Autumn semester: September 1, 2020 – January 20 , 2021

Christmas vacation: January 20, 2021 – January 31, 2021

Examination period: January, 2021

Spring semester: February 3, 2021 – June 5\12, 2021

Examination period: June 8\15, 2021 – June 19, 2021 (may be prolonged by dean)

Summer vacation: June 29, 2021 – August 31, 2021


What is KROK / (STEP) or the State Unified Exam?

KROK is a Licensing Examination, an obligatory part of state certification for awarding the qualification of doctor or pharmacist. Students who are preparing for the specialty “Medicine” pass two separate test exams:

І-st stage (after the 6th semester for students who study Medicine)

– KROK-1

– Medical English language

The KROK 1 Exam is the first part of the Ukrainian Medical Examination. The main goal is to control the knowledge of the basics of medicine.

ІІ-nd stage (after the 12thsemester for students who study Medicine)

– KROK-2

The KROK 2 Exam is the final part of the Ukrainian Medical Examination. The main goal is to control the knowledge of clinical subjects.

 I need to apply for Academic leave. Is it possible?

 In case you have a responsible reason it is possible. To find out more about the procedure, please contact Dean`s Office.


Can I participate in any kind of Summer practice?

Our students have the unique opportunity to undergo a summer internship at the hospital in Knurów (Poland) and other European cities. This is an excellent hospital that provides ample opportunities for practical consolidation of theoretical knowledge gained during the study year. The hospital employs experienced and highly qualified specialists, which are always ready to share their knowledge and support students. The Practice itself is free of charge. Students have to pay only for the trip.


Can I do scientific research at DIMH?

 Sure, we encourage students not only to study but to research also! Our calendar is full with science events: Medical Motivation Meetings, Open lectures of invited professors and Science Conferences.


What do I need to have when my lecture will start?

Apart from usual studying stuff, the first-year students also need to have a surgical suit and a medical goan.


Are there any distance learning study programs at the Institute?

There is no distance learning at the Institute. Even though the current Spring semester will be finished remotely, studies in the Autumn semester will get back to usual form of training, if the Institute will not be again affected by the global COVID-19 pandemic.


Requirements for completing of the study program

A student is allowed to take the final exam only if all absences have been cleared/reworked and the total average grade received during the semester is above the minimum required level.


What should I do if I have missed a class/classes?

 Any missed class must be cleared/reworked.

A missed class may be considered excusable and its rework may be free of charge if a student has a responsible reason (illness, family issues etc.)

Any missed class not supported with a document is considered inexcusable and will be charged with a fee – 100 UAH per academic hour.


  1. Life and Leisure at DIMH

 Can I apply for a job in Ukraine?

As an foreign student, you will have D13 (General) student visa.

On this visa, you can study on full-time courses as well as postgraduate courses. But such a type of Visa doesn’t give you an opportunity to work legally in Ukraine.


Leisure at DIMH

Institute is much more than just a place to learn. Dnipro Institute of Medicine and Public Health will become your second home. You’ll discover new hobbies and make friends of a lifetime.

If you are keen on sport, we have a gym with free weights and functional equipment on campus. Along with outdoor courts and pitches for sports including football, volleyball and tennis. Also at Institute there is a football team which you can join.

There are lots of social and cultural activities you can get involved in. Starting with Fresher’s ceremony and ending with Medical Picnics and MISS-KMU Beauty contest you definitely will not be bored. More about saturated student life you can find on our Facebook and Instagram pages.


  1. Fees and Payment

Find out everything you need to know about paying your tuition fees, including receiving invoices, when to pay, and how to pay in “Tuition Fees” section.


Can I pay the tuition fee by instalments?

The tuition fee payment for the first year of studies has to be paid during the admission procedure. The payments starting from the second year are divided by semesters and can be paid by instalments. Click here for more information. (Tuition fees)


When I need to pay?

Tuition fees must be paid 10 days prior to the beginning of each semester. Semi-payments are not permitted. Only in case of on-time payment of the tuition fees students may attend classes.


  1. Accidents and Emergencies

If you’re involved in an accident, near miss, experience an injury or incident, here’s what you have to do:


First-aid assistance

There are first-aiders in all university buildings. Search for “Doctor” sign or ask Dean`s Office workers for assistance.


Calling an ambulance

If you or someone else has a serious or life-threatening injury or condition, immediately call the Ambulance. Free phone number – 103.


How to report an incident

If you are the victim or witness of an incident please call the police. Free phone number – 102. After calling police please inform the Dean’s Office worker (call or text) to describe the situation and let us help you if needed.


Lost documents

If you lost your Temporary Residence Permit (`Posvidka`), please contact the police and after that immediately contact or come to the international department of DIMH. Inspector will prepare the all-necessary documents for receiving new Temporary Residence Permit (`Posvidka`).


 10. Others

 What is the climate in Ukraine and what kind of clothes should I take?

Ukraine has comfortable climate conditions. Average winter temperatures vary from +8 to -8C. The average summer temperature ranges from 18 to 25 C. However, it can exceed to 35 C during the day. Sunny weather is typical for Ukraine (up to 240 sunny days per year).

We advise you to prepare clothing for every type of weather. Especially for autumn and winter, it is recommended to have water- and wind-proof clothing, including boots.


What should I know about money and currency exchange in Ukraine?

Ukrainian official currency is Hryvnia (code: UAH; short: hrn); 1 hryvnia = 100 kopiyok. The Ukrainian Hryvnia is fully convertible and available at numerous exchange points and banks throughout Kyiv and all other Ukrainian cities. The exchange rates are approx. 1 USD = 27 UAH and 1 EUR = 30UAH.  In order to check the current exchange rate please visit the website of the National Bank of Ukraine here. We strongly recommend to exchange currency only in bank branches.


What is the cost of living in Dnipro?

Examples of expenses:

Accommodation in a student’s hostel ~ 1500UAH/month

Accommodation in a shared flat or apartment ~ 6000UAH/month

Examples of prices for products and services in Dnipro in 2020 given in UAH.

Product/Service                          UAH

  • bread 7-13
  • 0,5 bottled water 8
  • milk, 1 20
  • butter, pack 30-50
  • cheese, kg 110-170
  • coffee in a cafe 24-40
  • cinema ticket 60-120
  • fast-food meal 80-150
  • dinner in an

restaurant                      200-450

  • pizza 90-170
  • bus single ride 8
  • subway single ride 8

Our students spend in average around 200-300 USD for living per month (not including accommodation payments).



EVENTS | All Events
PARTNERS | All Partners