To be valid in Ukraine (for employment or continuing education purposes), a foreign educational document you may needs to undergo the recognition procedure. This means establishing the compliance of the academic and professional rights, as well as the educational and qualification levels indicated in foreign educational documents (qualifications) with the national education standards of Ukraine.
The Ukrainian procedure for the recognition of educational documents issued by educational institutions in other countries consists of the following steps.
- Authenticity verification of any foreign educational documents submitted for recognition; that is, verification of the fact of completed education and issue of the educational document.
If your documents bear Apostille stamps or proof of their consular legalization, this is considered sufficient for confirming their authenticity. In this case, your documents do not require the verification of the fact of their issue, which makes the recognition procedure significantly faster. But you have a choice: you may either certify your documents in accordance with international law or entrust their verification to the staff of our Center.
- Verification of the official recognition of the educational institution that issued the education-confirming document; that is, checking for the certificate of state accreditation issued to this educational institution and its license effective as of the moment of issue of this educational document to you.
- Establishment of the equivalency of the qualifications indicated in the foreign educational document in accordance with the requirements for educational and qualification levels in the education system of Ukraine (carried out with the involvement of appropriate expert commissions for respective qualifications).
The expert examination means collating the curricula in terms of content and scope. This work is performed by a Ukrainian educational institution accredited for the same qualification as that indicated in the applicant’s diploma. If there is no such qualification in Ukraine, the one that is most similar is selected in this case.
Thus, the result of the recognition procedure may be:
- Recognition, based on which a Certificate of recognition of foreign educational documents are issued.
If the additional conditions are defined for recognition the owner’s educational documents qualification (i.e. additional study, competency testing or other actions, non-completion of which prevents further education or employment in the specialization area in Ukraine) the applicant is sent appropriate reply.
In the event of provisional recognition, the holder of the submitted educational documents is required to pass examinations in the subjects specified by the experts. You are free to choose an institution of higher learning for your tests. Once you have done this, the University will help you arrange for the examination at the chosen educational institution. The time of the document recognition procedure in this case is prolonged accordingly pending the University’s receipt of the positive test results.
- Refusal to recognize the qualification level indicated in the document, with the qualification level possible for recognition specified.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS
- Application for recognition
- Personal Data Processing Consent.
- Personal Data Processing Consent(singed by the applicant and the holder)
Important! The upper part of this Personal Data Processing Consent should be filled in and signed by the holder of foreign educational documents, and the lower part – by the applicant.
- The certified copy of legalized foreign educational document and its certified Ukrainian translation .
- The certified copy of legalized supplement to the foreign educational document and its certified Ukrainian translation(the original of the document if necessary). The supplement should contain the information about the mode and the duration of study (years and/or semesters), the list of course units and/or subjects, the total (weekly) amount of in class and individual hours and/or credits, and other details of academic activity.
Please note that the translation is not required for the supplements to the foreign educational document issued in Russian. But it is obligatory to submit the certified copy of the document.
Important! There are two main types of document legalization: the apostille stamping and consular legalization. The type of legalization depends on the current legislation of the country of origin. The exception applies for the countries that have bilateral or multi-lateral agreements with Ukraine and contain special provisions for the documents’ legalization.
- Photocopies of the documents confirming previous education(secondary, vocational or higher) if applicable).
- Photocopies of personal identity documents of the applicant and/or holder(both if the application is not made by the holder) translated into Ukrainian if necessary.
- Photocopy of the name change certificate(if applicable).
- The administrative service payment receipt.